Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Find & Tannersville History

Rachel found this yesterday, it doesn't help with anything... but its just fun to have. Just so you know you can click on the images to make them bigger.

Also Rachel was able to contact the Tannersville Chamber of Commerce and got a reply. I will try and call the lady sometime this week and I hope I can get some stories about Charlie and the Tannersville days. Here is what we know from an email.
Rachel,
 
Although I don't have any knowledge of your Great Grandfather's store, I called Justine Hommel, the former president of the Historical Society and the town historian. She remembers the store and your Great Grandfather and may be able to help.
 
It is far better to try to contact Justine by phone than by email. She has given me permission to give you her phone number . I also sent your request on to another member who may be able to help.
 
Best,
Bob Gildersleeve
 
Mike,
Thanks for forwarding this email.
Bob 

Rachel -
 
I am copying this reply to two members of the Historical Society: Justine Hommel and Bob Gildersleeve.  Perhaps they can help.
 
Mike McCrary
 
My name is Rachel, and my extended family use to visit Tannersville often and my Great-Grandfather had a hardware store there, or a store front of some sort his name was Charles Sturman, this would have been in the 1930's and 40's possibly.  I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a place or person to contact to try and find more information.  Thank you.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment