Friday, April 1, 2011

Harry & Ida Sturman

The other day Rachel did some major uncovering and found the 1920 census with Herschel and Ida Sturman on it. This helped us find the year that they arrived (if its correct) and we were able to find their death certificate numbers. So I have sent away for those and I just pray that they have some info on it that can be helpful to go back further.
I found out through Hal Strumpf that Herschel might have been married before in the Old Country, because on Charlie Sturman's death certificate that I got last year it has Hohmer as the maiden name for his mother. We also know that Ida, Herschel, and their son Abraham are all buried at Baron Hirsch Cemetery, 1126 Richmond Ave., Staten Island, NY 10314-1503. I hope to be able to get photos of their grave sites.
Juliana



No comments:

Post a Comment